Not sure what Yin Yoga is? Check out these great resources from across the internet to learn a little more about the history of Yin, and how it can help to transform your yoga practice and your body.
1. "Slow Down with Yin Yoga" by Lisa Maria & Sarah Powers: One woman's account of her Yin Yoga journey. Learn the difference between Yin & Yang Yoga, what to expect in a Yin class, and check out a sequence of Yin poses you can try at home.
2. "Yin Yoga to Reverse Winter Stagnation" by Danielle March: A sequence of 7 Yin poses to help get you through the stiffness and tension that can build in our bodies during the winter months.
3. "Why Try Yin Yoga?" by Paul Grilley. Get a better understanding of how a Yin practice "stretches" the connective tissue in our bodies to build strength and stability in our joins. As written by Yin master Paul Grilley.
4. "Yin Yoga: The Foundations of a Quiet Practice," DVD with Paul Grilley. Purchase here from Amazon.
5. "Yin Yoga: Principles and Practice," by Paul Grilley. "[This book] brings together in a fresh way the ancient wisdom of acupuncture and Taoism with Hindu yoga practices. With over 80,000 copies sold, Grilley's book has been enhanced with new materials describing the evolution of Yin Yoga within the Yoga world over the last decade plus new reference materials on anatomy and the practice of Yin Yoga. Purchase here from Amazon.
Join us for a special Yin Yoga Workshop with Martha Fitzgerald-Flanagan on Sunday, January 8th from 2-4pm to put these principles to work for you. $35 per person (Members get 10%off). No yoga experience required.